The Sportaloosa foal futurity will be back in 2017, for Northern Hemisphere foals born in 2016 and Southern Hemisphere foals born in the 2016/2017 season.
Massive promotion for spotted horse breeders
The futurity offers breeders:
- A chance to have your foal evaluated by a leading horseperson
- Promotion for your breeding programme
- Publicity for the Sportaloosa sire or dam
- A magnificent perpetual trophy
Entry is open to foals all over the world, just as long as they're registered with Sportaloosa International and their owner is a member.
What do you need to do?
- Wait until your foal is looking extra good
- Film him/her at liberty, showing walk, trot and canter as well as views from either side, front and back
- Make sure you have your back to the sun and use your zoom, so the judge gets a good, clear view
- The best time to film is in mid morning or early evening, when the light is soft. Avoid the middle of the day, unless it's cloudy, because your video will look faded due to the bright light
- Edit your video to include only the best bits; it doesn't need to be more than a couple of minutes long
- Send it on DVD to your nearest Sportaloosa office before the closing date along with your foal's registration if not already done
Fine print and requirements for entry
- entries must be able to be played on a DVD player; if your entry requires any editing to allow it to be played, additional charges may apply (we'll discuss these with you in advance)
- the registration application for the foal can be received any time up until entries close
- the person submitting the entry must be a member of Sportaloosa International and must be the registered owner of the foal
- the video can have been filmed by anyone but the person submitting the entry must have the videographer's permission to use their work
- there is no limit to the number of eligible foals that can be entered by any Sportaloosa member
- once submitted, the entry becomes the property of Sportaloosa International and may be used in advertising, promotion and publicity